We have listed our most commonly asked questions along with answers. We have also added Technical Support that will help you get the job done.
This list will be updated periodically, and if you don't see an answer to your question, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
- Q: Will installing 4-pt. K-Member brace induce a stiff, harsh ride or would that only be the case if the k-member w/engine torque limiters was used?
- A: The K-member brace itself will not induce any noise or harshness, and will serve to stiffen up the front suspension, significantly increasing steering response and front end compliance. Our Standard Engine Torque Limiters may induce minimal noise to the cabin, and significantly increase shifting accuracy, especially under heavy engine load. The Competition Torque Limiters will transmit higher levels of NVH due to their more solid mount that utilizes a rod end in place of the polyurethane bushings. This case applies only to vehicles that have a build date prior to January of 2005. You can find your build date by checking the data tag located on the Driver's door jam.
- Q: Will the K-Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters fit a 2008 Mustang Bullitt that has Kooks 1 5/8" LT's and Kooks O/R x installed?
- A: Yes, the only current fitment issues that we are aware of is with the SLP Longtubes on the GT and the American Racing Longtubes on the GT500. Pacesetter longtubes on 2005-2010 V8 interfere with the Competion Links (Standard Links Clear)
- Q: There is already a factory K-Member Brace on my car, will this part still work?
- A: Yes, our 4-Point K-member Brace replaces the thin factory piece and adds greatly improved rigidity to your front suspension.
- Q: Will the CHE K-Member Brace work with an aftermarket Tubular K-Member?
- A: There are individuals who have successfully adapted our K-member Brace with Torque Limiters to aftermarket Tubular K-Members. We can provide no advice on the matter however, as we did not consider the Tubular K-members when we designed the brace.
- Q: I have a 2005 Mustang, will I need adapter plates for my vehicle?
- A: Cars with a build date before 01/2005 will need the adapter plates for proper fitment of the K-Member Brace. The build date is located on the data tag on Driver's Side door jam.
- Q: How can I make sure there will not be clearance issues with my longtube headers?
- A: You can follow our Fitment Verification Instructions